Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I have a peugeot 307 2004 model.The car had a flat battery and decided to get a new battery,after putting the new battery the car was working and after a day,it went into ECONOMY MODE ACTIVE,I thought it was the battery,I took the new one off and replace it with the old one after charging it,but this message won't go off for car to start.i used Peugeot planet pp2000 to check and it gives me 4 engine ECU problems: (Engine ECU: 307 ME744 NFU).
Engine speed sensor signal coherence
Upstream oxygen sensor signal ageing
Catalytic convertor ageing
Stop lamp information
Please help....thank you

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Firstly, economy mode does not prevent the engine starting. It cuts off supply to unimportant items, to save power when the battery is low. It is canceled when the engine starts.

The other faults could easily be caused by low battery. If your new battery ran down after one day, that suggests either:

It was not fully charged, or

The alternator is not charging it, or

There is a fault in the wiring, which is discharging the battery.

Charge up the new battery and try again. Once the engine starts, measure the battery volts. With the engine stopped it should be at least 12.4V, and running at least 13.2V.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
First things first, do the following;

Put the key in the ignition and attempt to start the car.
Turn the key to the off position and LEAVE THE KEY IN THE IGNITION!
Open the drivers door.

The car should beep 3 times to warn you the key is still in the ignition.

Does the car beep or not?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried leaving the key turn to ignition and door open,but there was no beep,rather the battery light comes on...
Am charging the new battery full to see if it works...Thanks for your help guys...really appreciate...
I ask a garage mechanics to check and he told me it going to cost me £600..????. Of which I think it's not normal

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
If the car doesn't beep after you've attempted to start the car, and opened the drivers door with the key still in the ignition, then the car has lost the key code.

If the batteries were removed from the car without following the correct procedure, this can cause all sorts of issues, the big one being the BSI has forgotten certain bits of information.

It's important that the BSI is put to sleep before cutting off the electricity supply.

Just double check the key isn't being recognised by doing the test.

In order to remedy it, you need PP2000 and the key code.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
If you have planet you can use it to see if the ECU is being unlocked.

I think you find it under Engine ECU / Parameter Reading or words to that effect. It's a while since I used PP2000 as both Peugeots in the family need diagbox and not had to check if the ECU's are unlocked on either of them yet. If it's not unlocked then you definitely need to reprogram the keys. Forum members Betty Swollocks and trustme can help with confidential code.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
The OP said "after putting the new battery the car was working ", so it does not sounds like changing the battery caused loss of key recognition, even if the correct procedure was not followed. However, he also changed back to the old battery, so that may have done it.

My point is that something else must have caused the initial problem with the new battery.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
The OP said "after putting the new battery the car was working ", so it does not sounds like changing the battery caused loss of key recognition, even if the correct procedure was not followed. However, he also changed back to the old battery, so that may have done it.

My point is that something else must have caused the initial problem with the new battery.
It sounds like to me there has been a fair bit of connecting and disconnecting in quick succession, and the BSI probably threw a wobbly.

I agree, there's likely to be something else causing the economy mode with the new battery. However, on my 307, it would always show economy mode at odd occasions, such as disconnecting the battery, if the car stalled, after I ran a global test on planet..... I think it was the cars way of ensuring everything was ok after it had been fiddled with.

The joys of owning a 307...... Strangely enough, I miss it!

·
Registered
1 Posts
This Happened to me

This Happened to me yesterday it was the transponder in the key.
Although the door unlocked with the key it did not start the car!

I used the spare key to start the car first time.

now i can close the windows and dry the car out as it rained last night ans totally soaked the car.

now i just have to get a new transponder and work out how to get the code to reprogramme it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts