Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

A week ago I got my hands on a 2001 Peugeot 307 Style 1.4 Petrol which up until now has been running great. When I bought this car the key had both the lock and unlock buttons missing, thought the circuit board was still inside an intact. I decided to fix that and bought a new shell for the key which arrived yesterday. Having placed the old circuit board in the new key shell with a new battery inserted I decided to give it a try, the key worked finde and both locked and unlocked the car. I was playing with the key and kept the lock (or maybe unlock) depressed for a good while until the car horn sounded, I did this a further time, and throught all was well.

Later yesterday night I got in the car only to find that it wouldn't start. The starter motor engages and the engine turns-over but the thing just won't start. At this stage I didn't think this could have anything to do with my playing with the key (and am still unsure). Today I've had a good look at the car, tested continuity on all fuses in the engine bay and in the glove-compartment, I've also replaced the four spark-plugs (they needed this anyway) but the car still won't start.

I've checked the battery and it has a good 12.7 volts, the connections to the battery look good. I also hooked up some jump leads to the battery from another car but still no joy, it's almost as if fuel isn't being injected into the engine - I say this because there is no smell of fuel after attempting to start the engine.

What's more, the car display shows an 'economy mode on' message and when I close the door and turn the lock, sometimes the internal lights are still on and I have to open up again and manually turn them off. One one occasion the car wouldn't lock either.

I've had the battery disconnected for a good while in an attempt to reset it but to no avail. Now I'm not sure if this is a mechanical or electrical issue.

I'd be really grateful for any ideas.

Kind regards,
Richard

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:D this has fixed it! I feel stupid but I didn't even know such a chip existed. Thank you so much for the help, I've got my car back! :thumb:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts