Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've conducted most of the service on my 1.6 HDi (90) today. As a previous Diesel owner I know they can be a pain to prime sometimes but I'm stuck with the 307.

The fuel filter has been changed with a new one, the new filter was filled with diesel until it couldn't hold any more. I've had a go at the hand pump at the back of the engine (just in front of the air filter box) and have cranked the engine bit by bit until a brand new battery has been drained.

While the battery is charging I thought I'd ask on here if there's anything else to look for to get it to fire again.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Hi all, I've conducted most of the service on my 1.6 HDi (90) today. As a previous Diesel owner I know they can be a pain to prime sometimes but I'm stuck with the 307.

The fuel filter has been changed with a new one, the new filter was filled with diesel until it couldn't hold any more. I've had a go at the hand pump at the back of the engine (just in front of the air filter box) and have cranked the engine bit by bit until a brand new battery has been drained.

While the battery is charging I thought I'd ask on here if there's anything else to look for to get it to fire again.
have you made sure all the fuel connections are on properly, did the priming bulb get hard?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The fuel connectors are fully on (so the clips cover the plastic ring), the priming bulb didn't get hard even after 10 minutes of pumping :confused:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update:

I removed the primer pump from under the windscreen to get better access and after a while of pumping I eventually heard the slosh of fuel followed by it going hard. Fired it up without any problems and let it run for a bit, drove it round the block and all is good.

Thank you 'trustme', your advice was very much appreciated.

Now back to fitting the new MP3 stereo!!

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Update:

I removed the primer pump from under the windscreen to get better access and after a while of pumping I eventually heard the slosh of fuel followed by it going hard. Fired it up without any problems and let it run for a bit, drove it round the block and all is good.

Thank you 'trustme', your advice was very much appreciated.

Now back to fitting the new MP3 stereo!!
careful you do not blow a fuse because that could cause it not to start

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think my fuses are all good, the car is back to normal now and the MP3 stereo is working a treat too.

Just got to do an oil change now, but I'll save that for the weekend as I'm exhausted now :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts