Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Car makes a "Ding" sound as I connect the battery cable, power windows not working, have 2 new errors only:

1. Permanent open circuit Diesel fuel additive
2. P1536 on the ECU

When I go to start it makes a ticking sound from the engine and a "ding" sound from the dashboard. And sometimes says "Anti theft" message as ignition on

Is it just a battery problem you think? 12.40v (after a few tries to start it) and drops down to 10v when trying to start?

Any help mucho appreciated..

Thanks,

·
Registered
287 Posts
P1536 : Brake Contact Signal. Coherence between the two brake switches.

unrelated to non starting.

antitheft is an issue.

you did use the proper battery disconnect and reconnect procudure?

If your battery voltage drops to 10v under load its probably bad. if its more than 5 years olds its probably a good idea to replace it.

But i dont think that will solve the antitheft which can mean its not detecting the key....

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, PP2000 said:

and after a quick accidental regen there is 0gms, used to be 66gms in each

I pulled the ELOYS tank completely off, (because I used a bag type to top it up), I squeesed it into the wrong hole, and liquid came out of the black round thing, it's the right connector like in this picture:
http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/attachments/307-38/442d1267959527-diesel-additive-minimun-level-eolys-tank.jpg

Re-attached everything, checked the electric plug again. I have a multimeter if that helps, what should I check/do to fix this?

·
11,766 Posts
Electrical contact cleaner on all electrical connections would be where I'd start. Then I'd trace the wiring back, looking for damage or breaks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi ya Gibbo, thats what I ended up doing yesterday, used some MAF Sensor cleaner in the plug and on the contacts, I might wiggle the plug when inserted to see if they are contacting.

Does the wiring go back to the fuel tank? I found a similar plug here:

Here are the contacts:

and the ELOYs tank:

So with a multimeter how do I test the wiring? use ohms resistance or continuity? because continuity yesterday nothing came up, which reminds me can the multimeter continuity test that length wire?

Thanks everyone for helping, bit low on the cash at the moment, and this helps out alot..:nod:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Testing each of the two larger centre pins wiring from the ELOYS to the Diesel fuel tank plug was 1.370 ohms, and 1.582 respectively, so no probs in the wiring there..

The ELOYs tank itself (pic a couple of posts ago), and again testing the two larger centre pins (against each other), climb up to 39.00 ohms and then it ohms out (as it then goes to zero), on the other 407 diesel, I also checked the same ELOYs tank itself, it was 8.2 ohms.

Looks to me like the ELOYs tank itself suddenly went, is that right? Probably because I tried to squeeze the EOLYs into the pump inlet hole! one way valve ...nice one..I wonder if I hooked up a vacuum would it pull things back into place?

Hey, Diesel Additive Control Unit, thats the tank itself right? or somewhere else?, as I pulled off the DPF to clean it with the pressure washer..

·
Registered
57 Posts
There is a seperate fuse 5A for the pump....
In the Fusebox with the bsi called additive system fuse or something...

Had this issue before... so start there :thumb:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
according to this:
Peugeot 307 Fuses

Which makes sense on the anti-theft issue when I had the low battery problem before

its a F16 5A, BSI-1... where on earth is that located, inside the glovebox right? I can find every number EXCEPT the F16...

BSI-1
[F16] 5A
+VAN BOD1 BM34
+VAN BOD1 anti theft alarm
+VAN BOD1 particle filter
+VAN BOD1 CV00
+VAN BOD1 airbag

1 - 12 of 12 Posts