Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I’m trying to fix my Peugeot 207 2007 model as it wouldn’t start during the cold weather. I thought it was battery but full charged it and went to start but the engine turns but doesn’t start. I believe it’s an ignition problem. Is there any easy ways to check? I thought about looking at the spark plugs but engine layout is different to anything I’ve seen. I’m not sure if the plugs are ones in picture behind the oil tank or under the coil in this model? If anyone has any suggestions that would be great, I’m quite new to working on the car.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
If you disconnected the battery for a long time when charging it the car may have lost the key code for the immobiliser. Do the beep test above to check.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Your best bet will be to hook it up to PP2000/Diagbox and read existing fault codes AND get live data while cranking. Live data will tell you the state of sensors, fuel pressure, injector pulses etc. Fault codes will tell you what the system THINKS is the problem.... but may not be, so live data is essential.

Don't have a clue where you are [cant figure out for the life of me why ALL newbies refuse to put their location when signing up] so up to you to sort out how to get a proper diagnosis done wherever you might be in the world..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks mate.
I’m in England. There’s a mobile mechanic service which can diagnose your vehicle for £50. I might have to admit defeat and accept paying someone.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
We have a local car spares place which as a generic EOBD diagnostic unit, and will check your car for a tenner. Worth asking around.
But you won't get the detail you could with Planet. Though they do give live data.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts