Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi I brought the wife a 206 1.4 hdi today, it’s a lovely car but when I had a go I tried to give a bit of thrash and it won’t rev passed 4.5/5000 revs. It ticks over sweet and revs up to 5000ish revs fine but as soon as it hits 5000 revs it holds back and smokes quite a lot,
Has anyone got any ideas?
Cheers
Rich.

Well since putting this post I have looked into this and o dear,, my bad, it has the petrol clocks in the diesel car which is why it says 7000rpm is the max, and I have since learned that the Diesel engine Max’s out at 5000 so that will be why!! Dohh!!!
Thanks anywY

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Think you'll find the HDI is restricted to stop it revving too high and subsequently blowing it's self up.
Why would you want to push it above 5000rpm anyway?

Grumpy

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hi I brought the wife a 206 1.4 hdi today, it’s a lovely car but when I had a go I tried to give a bit of thrash and it won’t rev passed 4.5/5000 revs. It ticks over sweet and revs up to 5000ish revs fine but as soon as it hits 5000 revs it holds back and smokes quite a lot,
Has anyone got any ideas?
Cheers
Rich.
its a diesel and its about torque not revs, if you want somthing to rev buy a petrol. if you keep reving it to the max there will be a lot more smoke followed by a bang.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts