Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 1.6 307 petrol.

yesterday i drove uptown, came back to my car, started it, and anti pollution error comes flashing up along with the engine management light.

i drove it home in limp mode. today i went out took it for a wee spin, still with the error showing, now the car starts stuttering as if lack of fuel or maybe ignition problem.

came home, kicked my car and went in the huff.

any solutions guys, about the car, not my huff.

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
2005 1.6 307 petrol.

yesterday i drove uptown, came back to my car, started it, and anti pollution error comes flashing up along with the engine management light.

i drove it home in limp mode. today i went out took it for a wee spin, still with the error showing, now the car starts stuttering as if lack of fuel or maybe ignition problem.

You need to get it on planet/diagbox to read the codes and have a look at live data have a good read here it explains how to contact a member http://www.peugeotforums.com/forums/introductions-28/brief-faq-guide-new-members-83170/

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK so coils are probably fine. Can still be a bad spark plug, but probably a sensor. Planet is the way to go.
I changed the plugs a couple of weeks ago, the car has been running alright after the change, maybe i should take them out and have a look, might even try putting the old ones back in and see what happens, i still have them in my boot. possible coil pack?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I changed the plugs a couple of weeks ago, the car has been running alright after the change, maybe i should take them out and have a look, might even try putting the old ones back in and see what happens, i still have them in my boot. possible coil pack?
Usually it's something that you have done/changed recently that upsets the running ,would definitely try putting the old stuff back in,the coil pack does fix a lot of problems but it can just also hide the existing problem for a while ,just for example I thought my engine light on my vectra was caused by a weak coil pack so I replaced it =a few weeks later( although engine light was gone)i noticed / heard my exhaust was blowing effecting the co reading on my mot ,the mot tester told me that the exhaust would have been the problem all along the new coil pack just burned the fuel a little better keeping the engine light off.:nod:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Usually it's something that you have done/changed recently that upsets the running ,would definitely try putting the old stuff back in,the coil pack does fix a lot of problems but it can just also hide the existing problem for a while ,just for example I thought my engine light on my vectra was caused by a weak coil pack so I replaced it =a few weeks later( although engine light was gone)i noticed / heard my exhaust was blowing effecting the co reading on my mot ,the mot tester told me that the exhaust would have been the problem all along the new coil pack just burned the fuel a little better keeping the engine light off.:nod:
I'm gonna change the plugs back over tomorrow and see what happens. I did replace the plugs with Denso - K20HR-U11 as opposed to the NGK LFR 6B type that were in it, which were very black looking when I took them out. I don't know when they were last replaced.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
on the planet map you will find a member who lives in Falkirk I am sure he would run a diagnostics for you

think he either runs a Taxi company or owns a taxi :)
he has been a member for a long time could be a busy man so PM him see if you can arrange a diagnostic

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
on the planet map you will find a member who lives in Falkirk I am sure he would run a diagnostics for you

think he either runs a Taxi company or owns a taxi :)
he has been a member for a long time could be a busy man so PM him see if you can arrange a diagnostic
Thanks Jagn, i did PM the guy in falkirk but didn't get a reply. great guy Andy,from dunfermline came over to my house and ran pp on my car. came up with missfire at number 2 plug, so i'm gonna change the plug and see if it cures it, if not it probably needs a new coil pack.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Thanks Jagn, i did PM the guy in falkirk but didn't get a reply. great guy Andy,from dunfermline came over to my house and ran pp on my car. came up with missfire at number 2 plug, so i'm gonna change the plug and see if it cures it, if not it probably needs a new coil pack.
AFAIK the number 2 plug is second from the gearbox end (fyi) pugs can be a bit picky on what plugs are fitted from what I have read take note of EDD's comment regarding other issues when he changed plugs hiding another underlying issue

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Pleasure to meet u yesterday John.

Yeh the fault codes were misfire on cylinder 2, speed sensor signal fault coherence and 2 faults relating to the key situation that we spoke about yesterday.

The spark plugs that came out car were certainly well used, gap looked a fair bit more than should be, easily 2mm.

Fingers crossed its just the spark plug at fault at the misfire happens in the cylinder it goes to, otherwise would be looking at the coil pack.

Touch wood its not a major issue and bit of testing things out will sort it for you.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
2005 1.6 307 petrol.

Your huff.... we've all been there....

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pleasure to meet u yesterday John.

Yeh the fault codes were misfire on cylinder 2, speed sensor signal fault coherence and 2 faults relating to the key situation that we spoke about yesterday.

The spark plugs that came out car were certainly well used, gap looked a fair bit more than should be, easily 2mm.

Fingers crossed its just the spark plug at fault at the misfire happens in the cylinder it goes to, otherwise would be looking at the coil pack.

Touch wood its not a major issue and bit of testing things out will sort it for you.
Hey Andy, nice meeting you as well bud.
Thankyou for using your pp to diag my car. You were spot on, I changed the number 2 plug ( I just cleaned up and re-gaped one that I had taken out ) fired up no problem and went for a wee run, seems to be running fine, so all's good. Thanks again bud, top man.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts