Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my dealer has emailed my car reg details does anybody know how long it should be before I take delivery as all I get told is the dealer get an email 24 hours informing them of delivery by gefco?

·
Registered
15,377 Posts
Having the reg details just means DVLA have processed the application and assigned a reg number they still need to get the car fit the plates do a PDI etc

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's everybody. Averaging mpg wise on 1.2 manual. Do hope so beau seems like forever since I ordered it was only may lol

·
Registered
336 Posts
What's everybody. Averaging mpg wise on 1.2 manual. Do hope so beau seems like forever since I ordered it was only may lol
Delivery varies from dealer to dealer, I imagine, but we ordered ours beginning of March and I was informed it was ready for collection at the the beginning of June. I will add that the dealership was in a transition period at that time so ours may have taken longer than usual.
:)

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
44 average, but mine is an auto 1.2. If the car has been allocated a reg number, it is probably either in the UK waiting for delivery to the dealer (about a week), or at the dealer already. Many of them won't register a car until it is physically on their premises, and they have inspected it for damage. Less hassle sending an unregistered/damaged car back to Peugeot. However I'm sure there are some that take the risk and register as soon as they have called for delivery from Zeebrugge. So, best case scenario is a few days, worst case (if the car is still in Zeebrugge, and delivery has been requested by the dealer) two to three weeks. Dealers will want to get cars on the road asap with the 67 reg looming.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
If you have the reg that means it's in the country as the dealers can't register it until it arrives on UK soil.

·
Registered
336 Posts
If you have the reg that means it's in the country as the dealers can't register it until it arrives on UK soil.
By the way, Grumpy, my wife suggested a new username for me, Grumpyoldbarsteward. Not infringing copyright I hope :lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I was always under the impression that they could theoretically register a car as soon as they knew the VIN?
Not according to my dealer.
I had a conversation with them yesterday about my Traveller on order (build date Monday 10th July, at last!) and it works like this.
They get the VIN number once the car has completed manufacture. If there is the smallest piece missing it's considered not manufactured.
When Manufactured completely it's then transported to the UK. Once the vehicle arrives on UK soil the dealer is then invoiced by Peugeot ( that's how they know it's in the country) and the paperwork is then available to the dealer to register and license the vehicle.

Grumpy.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I see. I believe the dealer is informed when the cars arrive at Zeebrugge and have to formally request transportation and delivery to the UK. If they don't, the cars just sit there in the compound. If true that might explain the long wait a few have had between build and delivery.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Hi Lee,

I think the info prospective owners are given saying it's in Zeebrugge is a Bull sh*t. Just a stalling tactic. It's not in Peugeot's interest to have £20-£30k tied up sitting in a pound at a sea port. Or the dealers for that matter!

Grumpy

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Not sure what the truth is, but I suppose it could make sense if the dealer is told when the car is ready and waiting, and they then have a choice of when to ask for delivery. There could be circumstances where they want to delay delivery, especially if a customer doesn't want the car immediately, and the dealer has no room on site for cars to sit around, with the possibility of getting damaged. It's a mystery to me, a bit like Tom Tom Live being a mystery to them!!!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
By the way, Grumpy, my wife suggested a new username for me, Grumpyoldbarsteward. Not infringing copyright I hope :lol::lol:
No copyright infringement mate. The only thing is, you have to be certified grumpy by either Grand kids or spouse. Clearly you are by the latter, so go for it.:lol:

Grumpy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts