Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to get a quote for car insurance online for my new 3008- it will be delivered to me in 4 days ( get in!). I can do this fine doing a manual search for the car but the car isn't recognised when I input the registration number. I've known the reg number for a couple of weeks now because it was on the finance documents that came through, anyone know why is it not recognised yet? I should add I am buying from a broker and it will be pre registered to them.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I called my insurance company to change the insurance over from my previous car 4 days after taking delivery as I had the 'Peugeot drive away’ insurance. I had to go through the process of describing the car to them as the registration number wasn't on the database.

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Not sure if it’s publicised and I had to ask for it but if you’re buying from a dealership I guess it is available. Peugeot will want to quote you for the annual insurance and in my case it was cheaper than my existing insurer but the terms and conditions weren’t as good so I didn’t take it up.

·
Registered
620 Posts
On the Peugeot insurance, when you call ensure you go through all the extras you have on the car (above the standard model).

When I originally called in the garage they asked if I had any modifications - yes, mudflaps fitted. They'd not them but they're not premium changing.

Just before I was due to get my details through I check the website and it states "modifications and options".. no that made me think.. so I called them up and low and behold the LED option is a premium bumping option but the full leather seats and driver's seat is not. I can't remember if I mentioned roof bars.

They absorbed the cost of the original increase, as their agent didn't mention options, but warned the premium would rise based on the added option next time around.

So ensure all the options are added - mainly on the outside from what it seems.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.