Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys,

I have a 2001 Peugeot 206 1.4 Xs, and my car radio was stolen :mad:. The thief open a small hole next to the key lock with a screwdriver (Didn't know it was so easy to steal a 206) open the door, pulled the radio and cut the wire loom...

Now i can't seem to find a way to properly identify the wires... i tried with a multimeter but i am no expert. I know it will be better to just hire a car electrician but money is a real problem...

Can you give me some help and information?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
Was it a standard radio as they are not exactly worth much scrapyards have piles of them !

As for your problem with wires again scrapyard is your best bet cut the loom off another car with the plugs and match it up

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your answer.

The radio was a Sony but i don't care much about the radio, i have another one. I have a loom from another Peugeot 206 but the wires have different colors...

·
Registered
14,295 Posts
You need a loom from the same age of car for matching colours the colours changed a few times over the years

Fat red main power
Yellow and green main earth
There is also a second live and a couple of other wires in the power plug

Grey purple orange and white are all speaker wires usually 4 pairs but if you look closely there are numbers printed on the wires and with a wiring diagram you can figure out whats what that way

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Really appreciate your help.

I will try to find another loom and a wiring diagram for my car.

The second live one and other wires are a true mystery to me... can't seem to find them... but i will try to find a wiring diagram with the numbers like you said.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi pjso,

No. I didn't find anything yet... hard to find diagram with cable numbers for this car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts