Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Been having problems with my CD player recently. At first I thought it was the CD which was maybe scratched or buggered or something but it doesn't appear to be. Basically, when I insert a CD, it will play a track or two then start to skip as if it's scratched and then just not play at all. I then try and eject the CD but it will not spit it out until I try again when I next use the car. This doesn't happen all the time, for instance if it opt to shuffle tracks it doesn't seem to skip, but otherwise it happens with every CD. Has anyone else had this problem and know what it is or anyone got any ideas? Does the CD player need cleaning? Any advice would be very much appreciate.

Also, on a more mechanical note, I noticed the other day when driving it seems like the turbo is juddering, i.e. immense lag for a second or two then a whole load of turbo at once, or just generally juddering. This has only happened a few times and is very occasional but obviously concerning. Is this the turbo on its way out? What could this be? Again, any help or advise would be very much appreciated :)

Thanks
Math

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
i cant help you on the last bit but with the cd player, try a lens cleaning kit on it, if still to no avail...i would safely say its on its way out. i had a normal household cd player that did the same, i tried a cd lens cleaning kit and the same symptoms straight away...opened it up and some internal parts where busted such as the lens itself

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your advice John :thumb: I'll try a lens cleaning kit then. If that doesn't work then I guess it's off to Peugeot for a replacement CD player! :(

Do any other readers have any ideas what the other problem could be with my car? Seems like the turbo is juddering. It hasn't done it recently but it is still concerning and could be somewhat dangerous! Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts