Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Folks my 307 is not starting after cranking for long time...what can be the issue ?? Flat battery ??

2004 1.4 petrol 16V...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What engine? What year?

Has anything been done to the car prior to it not starting (ie. changed parts, battery ran flat etc)?

You'll likely need the car putting on Peugeot Planet or Diagbox for fault codes and live data.
Nothing...was parked for two days...battery looks fine...car was not starting on cranking...

Tried starting it by pushing in first gear and now its not even cranking....just a couple of wizz and right side front light turns on. ...need to call roadside assistance i guess...

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
What engine is the car?

If you've been cranking for a long time, expect the battery to be flat.

Assuming the battery was OK to begin with, you'll need to find out why the car wouldn't fire up. That's why you'll need live data and fault codes.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What engine is the car?

If you've been cranking for a long time, expect the battery to be flat.

Assuming the battery was OK to begin with, you'll need to find out why the car wouldn't fire up. That's why you'll need live data and fault codes.
Battery looks fine.... Interior lights, front light radio system everything works fine ??

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
2004 Engine is 1.4 petrol 16v...

Seems it was cranking alright now it wont even crank so not sure if its battery or something else...anything else i can check ??

Cheers...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry cannot check engine turnover....but just tried another crank and nothing....the main dashboard light date and time setting shows 00 and 01-01-00....also just got a message on it saying passenger airbag deactivated...

Looks like flat battery ? I think even if battery is flat interior light windows work ??

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
if after you attempt to crank (even if it doesn't do anything and doesn't crank and turn the engine over) and it doesn't beep when the key is left in the ignition in the OFF position, then your car's computer has lost the key code. On some cars, it will crank continuously without actually firing up the engine. Repeated attempts will just exhaust the battery.

You need to be certain though whether the procedure I mentioned has been followed correctly.

There are ways to remedy this, but it's important to get the diagnosis right.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
if after you attempt to crank (even if it doesn't do anything and doesn't crank and turn the engine over) and it doesn't beep when the key is left in the ignition in the OFF position, then your car's computer has lost the key code. On some cars, it will crank continuously without actually firing up the engine. Repeated attempts will just exhaust the battery.

You need to be certain though whether the procedure I mentioned has been followed correctly.

There are ways to remedy this, but it's important to get the diagnosis right.
Thats what happened...i cranked it continuously 7-8 times...then i tried to start it with rolling car over in 1st gear and cranking(i might not have done it correctly)..it stopped in middle of drive way so tried few cranks again...then it stopped cranking altogether...parked it by pushing to parking area....then crank started giving front light flashes...now if i crank nothing...and time of car dashboard is reset and also getting passenger airbag deactivated error...

No beeps as below...when u say car lost its key what exactly u mean ? I tried both keys i have and same issue...

Only thing i changed was keyfob outer body...can i try jump starting ??

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You have swapped a circuit board AND a chip from old case to new one ?
Yes...its just the case....which was broken.... Same old circuit and chip is thr...

Don't tell me that will stop car from starting ??

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Has anything been done to the car prior to it not starting (ie. changed parts, battery ran flat etc)?
:bang: :bashpc:

You need to salvage the old case :nod:

Your key code is what's programmed into the car and forms the security to prevent people starting the car up and driving off with it. The code is also programmed into a chip in the key, so the car recognises the key. The two need to be present to fire the engine up.

Either of them missing (either on the cars ECU or on the key), and it's a non starter.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:bang: :bashpc:

You need to salvage the old case :nod:

Your key code is what's programmed into the car and forms the security to prevent people starting the car up and driving off with it. The code is also programmed into a chip in the key, so the car recognises the key. The two need to be present to fire the engine up.

Either of them missing (either on the cars ECU or on the key), and it's a non starter.
I have the old case....i am confused now...here are both..how will it matter ??

1 - 20 of 44 Posts