Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
The car just stopped starting. I thought it was a problem with the battery. I tried a jump start but still no joy.I can hear the solenoid move (click click noise) but it just wont start, not even a turn of the engine

Ive managed to unlock the central locking by using the jump start car.
Any help will be appreciated.
thanks
s

S

·
0 Posts
Try a different battery as well, as martin said dont jump start it!

Put a known good battery in and follow the BSI wakeup procedure, then try

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
car not starting

i tried the booster battery, the electrics worked but no joy on the starting.
i kept getting a weird hum on the dashboard.
im getting the battery bench charged as its out flat. it drained out the jump start kit too.
im not sure if there is a leak or short somewhere else.

will keep you posted.
thanks
s

S

·
0 Posts
Been in this situation before, weird hum/buzz from dash, needles move slightly then die again?

If so then its probably battery, try a donor one before you try charging yours, mine was a few faulty cells on the battery, had to replace!

edit: Sorry i didnt read that very well, did you hook up the booster battery with the old one still in, or swap them over?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
car not starting

hi
i tried the jump start battery pack with the battery connected. both are now drained.
i then disconnected the battery and jump started the car with another car ie red connected directly to the pegeut but still no joy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
re

hi
i tried the jump start battery pack with the battery connected. both are now drained.
i then disconnected the battery and jump started the car with another car ie red connected directly to the pegeut but still no joy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
re

its at the mechanics now. lol
hes going to bench charge the battery and perhaps put a new knwn working battery in to see.

S

·
0 Posts
No problem, i've suffered the same issue twice myself so was talking from experience :p

It would of only happened once but i decided to go cheap and get a 2nd hand battery, that failed shortly after!

Glad its all up and running for you now :thumb:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts