Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I purchased a car it had two keys, one for opening and one for locking. After buying the keys got mixed up. Which I think kicked in the engine imboliser. Took it back and now I have one key that does everything.

However today I went to start my car and I turning the key did nothingLike the previous problem I had. (It comes up with "anti pollution fault" I don't know whether this is relevant?)

The car magically started once the AA were coming out. So I drove it home and it's starting fine now.

But all in all has anyone heard of a problem like this?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hi guys,

I purchased a car it had two keys, one for opening and one for locking. After buying the keys got mixed up. Which I think kicked in the engine imboliser. Took it back and now I have one key that does everything.

However today I went to start my car and I turning the key did nothingLike the previous problem I had. (It comes up with "anti pollution fault" I don't know whether this is relevant?)

The car magically started once the AA were coming out. So I drove it home and it's starting fine now.

probably not the key failure to start could have been linked to anti pollution fault had you recently added fuel

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for the reply,

The car wasn't even ticking over no noise at all when the key was being turned.

(I haven't added fuel recently)

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Hi guys,

did the engine turn over or not,
more details on the car, model year engine engine size ........

after trying to start turn off leaving key in ignition and open the driver’s door, does the car beep to say the key is in the ignition?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Peugeot 307 1.6 hdi 2006

The engine didn't turnover, and no noise at all was made. Apart from the radio coming on. The lights etc worked. So the car had power.

Does this sound like an immobiliser problem?

·
Registered
4,777 Posts
Peugeot 307 1.6 hdi 2006

The engine didn't turnover, and no noise at all was made. Apart from the radio coming on. The lights etc worked. So the car had power.

Does this sound like an immobiliser problem?
no! it sounds like the starter, wires to the starter, earth to engine or battery or even fuse for starter

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no! it sounds like the starter, wires to the starter, earth to engine or battery or even fuse for starter
Thanks for the response, but the car magically started again. So it makes me think it's not the starter motor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts