Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, just wondering if I could possibly get any advice on a problem Ive encountered with a 207 Ive recently bought- it's second hand but was in very good condition. I'm new to the forum (my first post was in the introduction thread :)), and new to owning a Peugeot.

Over the last month, Id say half the time after making a short stop, the car fails to start- the ignition turns and sounds like its about to start, but just dies. After a few attempts it works, and the car is fine. This only happens after short stops (ie when the engine is warm), and never in the morning or after work etc when the car has been idle for hours.

As I've only had the car 2 months, Ive contacted the dealer (not Peugeot), and he's advised to bring it in for them to look at next week. Just wondering if anyone's experienced anything similar, or knows of a possible cause/solution.

Thnaks in advice for any help given! :)

D

·
0 Posts
Is it 1.4 8 valve with kfv in middle of chassis number? If so there is a software update for the engine ecu to cure the problem. Dealer only though.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 1.4, will check the chassis number when Im home after work. Thanks for the quick response :thumb:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like my chassis nymber matches what you say..

Taking it to the workshop thats attached to the place I bought it- seems not starting when the engine is warm isn't the only problem as over the last 2 days it's not started in the morning either first time, then when it works Im getting all sorts of messsages (ani pollution faulty, abs faulty, engine coolant too high), and it feels like its going to stall when in neutral.

Hope its fixable :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts