Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so here's my situation... Had my clutch replaced, mechanic wanted to test the car after the job, started the car and left it idling but it died and kept saying anti theft fault + central locking stopped working from the remote so we figured the key needed to be recoded to the car which it did. Got the key progammed etc BUT now the car turns over but wont start. Fuel is going to the engine but checked coil pack with volt meter whilst turning the key and nothing, so it seems the spark plugs are not getting power......

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But it was fine before the clutch job, started like a dream every time... Now after the key coding it seems as if the ECU isn't sending a signal to the coil pack as you turn the key...

Is it possible that the guy who coded the key, only did so to the "ignition"/immobiliser and not to the entire ECU/BSI???

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry I don't quite understand what you mean??

The guy who coded the key (a 2 button flip type) just used a laptop and put the key in the ignition, put in my unique code and it said, key successfuly programmed... He also did a diagnostics test (not sure what programme) and no major faults came up, only that the reverse light was faulty. all faults were cleared.

i'm not sure whether this just programmed the key to the ignition/immobiliser for central locking and there's still no correspondence of the key and the ECU to the coil pack to spark the plugs????? :confused::confused:

The car turns over a few times but is then cut off. No message of anti theft

·
Registered
207 Posts
it sounds to me like the transpoder wasnt put in the new case..... learnt that the hard way with a merc!!!

basically it is a tiny black plastic thing that tells the car that its ok to start... its not stuck to the cb so to an unknowing person it would just seem like a part of the case itself...

stupid really i think it should be stuck to the cb...

do you happen to have a spare key?

·
Registered
207 Posts
take that spare key to the mechanics and try starting the car with it keep the case close to the barrel as it would if it werent broken.... dont worry about the central locking as that can be set.... that way youll know....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Although this spare wasn't programmed the other day with original key...

Programmer told me that the transponder is on the circuit board?

C

·
0 Posts
Although this spare wasn't programmed the other day with original key...

Programmer told me that the transponder is on the circuit board?
If spare wasn't programmed at the same time then forget that as it'll no longer work anyway, all keys need coding at same time.

·
Registered
14,253 Posts
I recon you have made matters worse and what actually happened was the crank sensor got damaged during the refit of gearbox and worked till its end fell off car cut out just needed new sensor.

Now you need to recode both keys again and fit a crank sensor to get it going :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Where is the crank sensor? Will it come up as a fault code??

And does this now need to be programmed to the key??

D

·
0 Posts
The crank sensor is nowhere near the key. Its fitted between the gearbox and the engine out towards the front.
Get the car onto Peugeot diagnostic. You are wasting your time otherwise.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts