Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a Peugeot 307 and it won't unlock at all. It locked this morning to deadlock and I've just finished work to find it won't unlock ust my key fob.

I've tried it manually but my lock is seized up so it's a no go.
I've changed my battery in my key fob but I think it needs re syncing using my ignition.

I've thought about smashing my front window and trying to press the lock button inside the car but don't think it will work with it been dead locked, so I have no clue what to do next so please can anyone help.

Thanks

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
878 Posts
Before you pick up that hammer !!
Squirt loads of WD40 in the keyhole and wiggle the key.Hopefully it's just seized up through lack of use and will eventually unlock.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tried it on and off for about 2 hours. It's not moving at all not even the slightest bit. :(

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
Can you open the passenger door or boot with the key?

EDIT: I understand that the key, when used on the passenger door, should override the deadlock on that door. Not sure whether deadlocking affects the boot, but if it does, the same should apply. If you can open the boot, you should be able to climb over the seats to get the ignition on.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nope the only place there is a key hole is the drivers side, I've checked behind the plastic covers next to the door handles and nothing but plastic. The boot is just central locking.

·
Registered
68 Posts
you wont be able to open the doors if they are deadlocked via the internal handles or the lock doors button on dash board. if when you locked car you doubled clicked the lock button so you hear the horn then you will be able to use the internal handles or the button on dash ,
Is the battery flat as it will take more resistance to open the doors via the key if it is as you would have to turn all the central locking motors on each door at the same time with the key in the door

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
What a bummer.

Sometimes it's not the lock at fault, but a worn key which won't turn in the lock. Have you got a spare key which is not as much used? If not, and you have the key number (or get it from carkeycodes), you can get a new key cut.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I clicked it twice and the horn went off. So If I smash a window and press the button on the dash will it open? And nope I only have 1 key.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Yes I clicked it twice and the horn went off. So If I smash a window and press the button on the dash will it open? And nope I only have 1 key.

where are you as i can pick locks and fix locks, once you get the key in ignition and ignition on all doors will unlock

it could be wrong key for the lock

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fixed the problem. Just smashed the window and got another for a tenner so it's all good. Thanks for the reply's 😊

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was just a flat battery on my key fob so soon as I got in I re syncing it and now it works 😊

1 - 20 of 23 Posts