Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all when i brought my car i was only given one key.

on the 307s do they have a master key or can you get one made up to keep as a spare

many thanks

R

·
0 Posts
copying the key isnt a problem you can get one cut if you have the code for it(normaly on a card) if not look for bettyswollocks and he has his email on his signiture.pay him £5 paypal and he will give you the codes you need.then buy a key and virgin transponder (they are code only once) so dont buy a secondhand one as its no good.then look on the peugeotplanet map and find a member close to you to code it to your car..or pay dealer for new key and get them to code it to your car..

C

·
0 Posts
For key without remote (cheapest option) you need

key blade + cutting
key fob
new transponder of the correct type
code without it you can't code the keys
ALL keys for the car that you want to use
Someone with planet to code key for you ( can be done at home if you have planet;) )

R

·
0 Posts
is this what i need

one of these
ID46 TRANSPONDER CHIP for PEUGEOT 307/406/206 etc, NEW | eBay

and one of these
For Peugeot 107 207 307 407 key fob remote case and blade 2 buttons (407i) | eBay

how is the key programmed you say i need to contact someone but is it possible to do at home?
the two button key is right..the transponder chip is not.you will need the motherboard with the virgin chip on it.basicaly the insides of the key fob.then yes you will need the codes from betty if you do not have them.then get someone close to you to code them to the car..yes if you had planet you could do it yourself.to be honest with you if you own planet yourself it will come in very handy as 307s have loads of issues where its needed and it will pay for itself in no time..:thumb:

·
Registered
402 Posts
the two button key is right..the transponder chip is not.you will need the motherboard with the virgin chip on it.basicaly the insides of the key fob
I would say you need both, the transponder chip is for the immobiliser, the motherboard is for the remote (not needed if you want to use the door keyhole)

Holt

R

·
0 Posts
true i didnt think of that lol i thought he wanted the key to do everything..

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
can anyone point me in the direction of a virgin transponder. i have had a look can only find the little chip

i dont mind not having the door locking but if its not much more expensive id rather have it lol

·
Registered
29 Posts
depending where you are I can supply, cut & program a basic transponder key for £50 or a 2 button remote for £90. That's within a 10 mile radius of my home.

If you're any further then i add extra for fuel & driving time. Obviously if you're miles & miles away it won't be worth it

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hi all. whats the best place to get a key cut

i have the blank key new transponder and codes.

i just need the blank cutting. i have one key is it a case of taking it in to copy?

anyone know the cost involved

C

·
0 Posts
hi all. whats the best place to get a key cut

i have the blank key new transponder and codes.

i just need the blank cutting. i have one key is it a case of taking it in to copy?

anyone know the cost involved
Most key shop's can copy your blade, charge wise would expect to pay between 5 & 10 quid.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts