Peugeot Forums banner

Car juddering / bucking at cruising speed

18K views 30 replies 7 participants last post by  fitzpatrickdavid97 
#1 ·
Wondering if anyone has any experience with this problem.

Earlier in the year my car developed a slight judder when idling and a loss of power whilst driving. Peugeot diagnosed the problem as blocked inlet valves. Subsequently these were cleaned and the loss of power was gone.......however the juddering at idle remained.

In September my car had a Gold service at Peugeot with a relatively clean bill of health (needs new alternator belt and slight play in anti roll bar).

A few days after the service the juddering became VERY bad. Under acceleration the car pulls fine but at cruising speed the car judders and bucks like crazy. There are NO fluctuations in revs during the juddering.

This morning I started the engine from cold and one of the judders almost caused the car to stall.

Obviously I'm going to need the car looked at and any fault codes read (surely Peugeot would have picked something up during the service though?!) but wondered if anyone had any ideas at all what this might be.

Thanks.

See less See more
#6 ·
if was no fault codes relating to it then its not gonna show and Peugeot will 9 times out of 10 only work from fault codes shown.

wouldn't like to say what cause is till fault codes read, as could be a simple 20 quid fix or a good few hundred quid job.

#10 ·
It's a local friendly garage.

Just got the car back but they couldn't fix the issue. They tried a new coil pack but the problem was still there. They said it could be an injector (but said that would be about £200/£300 for the part alone) or it could be something to do with the throttle body.

The car has been there all day and even with changing the coil pack they haven't charged me.

Not really sure where to go from here?!

#11 ·
Prob nonfault codes cause they not using proper peugeot diagnostics. The snap on diag and others like it don't pick everything up.

If they can replicate the fault like said they can, reading injector rates and flows would tell them if was injectors.

Throttle body can stick and known as few that have been replaced but they generally put car down to 3 cylinders and u can hear how bad it runs.

As for next step, if was me I would look for someone on here close to u to get peugeot diagnostics on the car. Read fault journal on diag box and take front there

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

#13 ·
If they had diagbox they would see faults journal that picks up every single little issue car has.

My others half's 208 at 2 weeks old had 14 faults that had occurred. Not major ones just wee fluctuating ones that happened for like half a second or that.

There's a map on the forums and threads about people who have the diagnostics

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.