Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm entirely a noob to this forum, hence please do bare with me if I have missed out any regulations in the post.

I'm having a pug 406 d8 (1998), which I washed a couple of hours ago and it started to horn by itself all of a sudden. Then I had to stop it, by pressing the horn switch again.

Then again after some time, it started to horn automatically. What could be the reasons?

Water might've gone inside the horn relay?

Any suggestions, or necessary actions to be taken would be helpful. Thanks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Hi all,

I'm entirely a noob to this forum, hence please do bare with me if I have missed out any regulations in the post.

I'm having a pug 406 d8 (1998), which I washed a couple of hours ago and it started to horn by itself all of a sudden. Then I had to stop it, by pressing the horn switch again.

Then again after some time, it started to horn automatically. What could be the reasons?

Water might've gone inside the horn relay?

Any suggestions, or necessary actions to be taken would be helpful. Thanks.
i would try relay before any think else!.
try swap one with same part number if possible see if you still have the issue

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i would try relay before any think else!.
try swap one with same part number if possible see if you still have the issue
Sure will try and get back. Disconnected the line from the battery and connected it back after some time.

Kept the bonnet open for a while and the engine on start, and it has stopped honking automatically now.

Thanks @Fordiemufc :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
My wife`s 406 was the same. The horn would come on with the lights or the indicators as well !!
I replaced the column switch and its been good as gold ever since.
Tip, make sure its a genuine one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My wife`s 406 was the same. The horn would come on with the lights or the indicators as well !!
I replaced the column switch and its been good as gold ever since.
Tip, make sure its a genuine one.
Oh right, noted! Apparently the horn relay was gone :(

So will be replacing a new one tomorrow. Been somehow driving for the last two days without the horn.

Thanks for the tip. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts