Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
peugeot 307 hdi dturbo

ok. So i start driving down the road. . . And i loose all drive.
The car is in gear. . . But you accelerate and it does nothing.
Just loads of scraping noise is made.
When you select gear. It almost engages. . . But as you lift the clutch up its like it just looses grip of the drive and starts scraping away.
You Can actually put it hun gear and get out the car . . . :/

P

·
0 Posts
I to would think maybe clutch, sounds like how mine was when it went at side of road.

C

·
0 Posts
Sounds similar to my 406 years ago and it was clutch, wouldn't try it too much as you'll end up damaging something.

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well i did think drive shaft as when i was trying to replace the bottom ball joint bush on the passenger side the driveshaft did come out. But it went back in ok and it drove of home. It wasn't until went out again that the car died on of. . . I did check drive shaft and its butted up to the gear box. . .

As for clutch. . . Well that another good possibility as in pretty sure either that or the fly wheel was on its way out.
It wasn't slipping but it started making some weird scraping noises every now and them. . . Like the clutch plate wasn't sat straight and flapping about. . .

Oh bugger. . .

C

·
0 Posts
Completely out or shaft just popped out a little?
Did it loose any gearbox oil at all?

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
popped out fully. . . It did last time i done it aswel. . . Both times i lost alot of oil. . .
Last time it i drove it slowly over to my mates garage and he filled the box up for me.
Was going to do that again. . .

·
Registered
94 Posts
Dont rule out planetry gears in differential. !
Common for the pin to drop out ....!
That will also cause no drive....!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok guys... what sort of job am i looking at to take the box out myself..?

307 2.0 hdi 110 (dTurbo)

i won't be doing it all in one sitting as i know ill be bald by the end of it lmao.

·
Registered
5,906 Posts
ok guys... what sort of job am i looking at to take the box out myself..?

307 2.0 hdi 110 (dTurbo)

i won't be doing it all in one sitting as i know ill be bald by the end of it lmao.
Mine is the 2.0 hdi 90 and it took me around 15 hours in two sittings. I started on a sunday afternoon and realised that I needed extra tools, driveshaft seals and an engine mounting about 5 minutes after everywhere had closed for the day.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
the biggest challenge is to decide to to crane the gearbox in place.

either to wrestle with everything to get the box out or drop the whole subframe which adds alot more time

1 - 16 of 16 Posts