Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thank god i got two key's when we bought this car
gave up on the last problem of one remote not working but starting the car
just had to go to Scarborough from Hull on a honda C90 :mad: to take the Mr's the spare key as hers will not start the car thank god my key did an she got home
all her key does now is open the the doors when she goes to start the car it turns over but refuses to start
it bleep's once and it display's immobiliser error or some error on the display when you use the other key all normal start's fine no bleeps or anything
any clues ???

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
If it's the old style key with a separate transponder (small black chip clipped into the housing), and the key has been opened, the chip may have been lost.

Otherwise, the BSI may have lost its memory of that key (not sure if it can forget one key and remember the other), in which case it needs the BSI reprogrammed to accept the key.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for reply
the keys are flick out and 2 button,, as for restting the BSI i'm guessing it has to be done via software and a cable,, or is there another way ???? to be honest i'm thinking about getting a new fob and hoping that my local Peugeot garage/scrapyard has the bits of kit to sort it out,, seen OBD cables on evilbay but then theres the SoftWare an sods law says if i get it all together i will screw it up big time

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Yes, it will need the Peugeot Planet 2000/Diagbox system - cost £50 or so on eBay, but you need to be a bit techy to make a go of it.

However, I doubt you will need a new keyfob (they are not cheap) - provided the transponder has not gone defective (which is unlikely) the garage/car locksmith with the gear should be able to do the job. Note that both keys have to be included in the exercise - if one is left out it will be deleted from the BSI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts