Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a Peugeot 207, 2007 model, not sure about engine size, 80 000 miles and it’s an automatic. The last time car ran it moved a few meters inside the yard and died. I serviced it recently (spark plugs, air filter, oil & filter replaced). Initially I thought it was fuel supply as I used quick start in air filter hose and car moved back a few meters. Unfortunately I replaced the fuel pump, but problem still persist. Had a mechanic looked at it who said fuel pump pressure is too much. Haven’t tested actual pressure, though I thought other mechanisms in the car would regulate that. Spark was checked and present (though we did not use exact OEM plugs?) Anyway had two separate people checked with diagnostic tool and both got codes P1007 and P1014 apparently something to do with “variable valve lift position position sensor track 1 (and 2 for the latter). What could this issue be? Is it worth opening cylinder cover to inspect valve lifters or swap cam sensors, etc. thanks for advise!

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have a Peugeot 207, 2007 model, not sure about engine size, 80 000 miles and it’s an automatic. The last time car ran it moved a few meters inside the yard and died. I serviced it recently (spark plugs, air filter, oil & filter replaced). Initially I thought it was fuel supply as I used quick start in air filter hose and car moved back a few meters. Unfortunately I replaced the fuel pump, but problem still persist. Had a mechanic looked at it who said fuel pump pressure is too much. Haven’t tested actual pressure, though I thought other mechanisms in the car would regulate that. Spark was checked and present (though we did not use exact OEM plugs?) Anyway had two separate people checked with diagnostic tool and both got codes P1007 and P1014 apparently something to do with “variable valve lift position position sensor track 1 (and 2 for the latter). What could this issue be? Is it worth opening cylinder cover to inspect valve lifters or swap cam sensors, etc. thanks for advise!
Isn't this going to need to be read by a PP2000 reader?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I watched YouTube videos about a variable valve guessed it might be the problem. Used QuickStart to clean it and the car is running again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts