Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there i have a 2ltr deisil 407 sw hdi 2005
Read a few threads on this topic but dont think they exactly fit my problem.
I have a boot opening problem. The tailgate has 2 openings, the glas which i can open by keyfob, and the actual boot.
now the actual boot only opens via manual using the silver switch under the trim. This makes a click sound ( presumably a micro switch?) but sometimes dosent open. I can spend 10 mins sometimes trying to open it and it wont. Other times it clicks in and opens. My question is, how can i replace this part..be it switch or is it a massive full trim part or what?..i have had mixed reports from cheap switch to full silver trim covering the boot etc...Any help would be fantastic.
Thankyou

·
Registered
8 Posts
Boot switch SW

Hi there genreaper according to the Haynes bible you only need remove the tailgate trim lookup into the door and as you push the exterior button there are 2 clips i would imagine either side push them in now how hard or easy this is I do not know but good luck. Hope this will help you. 407pete:eek:.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You could always check the locking mechanism is not full of dirt and see if you can readjust it. Might just be catching remember the SW boot weighs a ton. My old 206 SW did this all the time. A quick clean, realign and grease solved it.

Also to check. Has the car in its history suffered any bumps on the back as this can cause the latching to go out of alignment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No mate, the car has had no bumps. Tried to clean/degrease etc the catch but no avail. Trying a scrapper catch now and hope its that and not the micro switch. The micro switch clicks ok etc so fingers crossed it aint that.
Thanks for your reply. Appreciated.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts