Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have just helped a friend out whose stereo stays on with the key out of the ignition. So I wired it to the ignition feed and now when the door opens, it makes an audible beeping sound? I am sure it makes this sound also when I close the door. It's not the same sound as when you leave the key in the ignition or the same sound as when you leave the lights on. It's a different beeping sound altogether and I can't figure out what it's trying to tell me? When I remove the stereo power wire from the ignition wire the beeping stops.

Thanks for any help on this.

·
Registered
402 Posts
I guess it's an aftermarket radio with removable front, it's telling you to remove the front before the thieves removes it all.

Holt

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would be nice it will turn off with the ignition out and turn on with the ignition on. It does this but when I take the key out of ignition, 5 seconds later it will beep annoyingly. I don't want to remove the front. I do have Peugeot Planet and nothing I could find that will stop the beep. Surely I can do something else? I am trying to think why it wouldn't beep with the standard stereo in.. and aftermarket it will beep?

·
11,731 Posts
If its a decent stereo it will. The Sony BT range have a setting where you can adjust the power off time, as well as bullet connectors on all power cables so you can get the right combination.

Are you sure the beep isn't in the radio? If so then Planet won't modify third party equipment.

Give us more information and we can guess less.

C

·
0 Posts
I guess it's an aftermarket radio with removable front, it's telling you to remove the front before the thieves removes it all.

Holt
Yep every aftermarket radio that I have ever had when wired in correctly Beeps when you remove the Key to let you know the face plate is still on :D

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If it's coming from the stereo that would make sense. If it's coming from the speakers then it must be the stereo? If it's not coming from the BSI / speaker then not a problem. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts