Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi the car alarm on my 308 sw GT 2016 has started to go off late at night only goes for about 30 seconds any idea's?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
Sometimes the interior sensor can be triggered by insect activity in the cabin. Disable the interior sensor and see if it stops. If it does, a good vacuuming may sort it out.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Also check the car battery, when it's getting old / low it can trigger the alarm system.

A mobile phone left inside the car will also trigger the alarm when it rings / if it's not set to silent.

If it's still under warranty ask your Peugeot dealer to check the alarm trigger history to see what activated the alarm.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Stop/Start

After having my 308 GT 180 2016 for 2 months the S/S has never worked eco light flashes but engine never cut out.Had problem with alarm going off at night was advised that it might be low battery or spiders causing it well after hoovering out car and having battery on charge for 2 hours surprise surprise it started working and alarm never went off last night.Job done

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
If the car stood around on the forecourt for some time, the battery was probably run down. If your charger can do it, the battery would benefit from a reconditioning (gassing) charge, to address any sulphation which may have occurred.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I'm surprised my last few cars haven't needed a new battery. I had my GT at the garage for many weeks (long story). When I collected it had engine fault error when I started it to drive home. I went back in they checked the codes and told me all ok no issue. It just needed a battery charge...:rolleyes:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts