Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it normal when you take fuel tank cap off a 1.6hdi you get a hiss of air noise,many thanks.

J

·
0 Posts
Can't say I've noticed it on my 407 diesel. Perhaps your breather pipe is becoming blocked hence creating a slight vacuum when pulling the tank down low?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
been under car trying to find breather pipe and found a pipe coming from filler neck but it just goes straight to tank beside the filler pipe?

D

·
0 Posts
There will be a air noise randomly from the tank when you remove the cap especially in hot weather. Don't worry about it unless theres a problem.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There will be a air noise randomly from the tank when you remove the cap especially in hot weather. Don't worry about it unless theres a problem.
thanks mate dont think i have a problem,car a bit less smooth lately but think it is because its 3000 miles away from its 37000 service which im lead to believe will be its first fuel filter,air filter,pollen filter etc.. can you confirm this is what gets done at 37000 mile service.

·
Registered
213 Posts
thanks mate dont think i have a problem,car a bit less smooth lately but think it is because its 3000 miles away from its 37000 service which im lead to believe will be its first fuel filter,air filter,pollen filter etc.. can you confirm this is what gets done at 37000 mile service.
Did my Air and pollen filter at 24,500 after peugeot told me they only do the oil and oil filter at that mileage.
I personally think 37,000 is too long to leave the air filter, and your pollen filter is probably looking a bit grim too.
I had a definite drop off in fuel economy, but a new air filter sorted that out.:thumb:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
im still getting this loud hiss everytime I fuel up and remove cap like air sucking in,surely if tank has a breather this should not happen?can you chaps take note when you fuel up next or remove your cap and see if you get any sucking or hissing,many thanks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts