Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, I hate being beaten by a problem, and would like to get to the bottom of it, however im nearly beaten by my pug.

Im seeing Cap Absent on PP2000

Its not. However what are the implications of this?

What problems will it cause? ie EML??

I see I need to check for magnets / loom, but would really like to know if its worth investing the time & money.

Appreciate you reading / maybe commenting

Thanks

C

·
0 Posts
Assuming it's diesel and with fap/dpf you'll need to sort it, would suspect either magnets missing or fuel cap sensor failed, reasonable cheap fix if your handy with spanners.

Without it won't regen.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 2002, 110 / rhs, so yes has dpf, this has been re-placed, last week, was running great for a week, but really fancy getting it resolved.
What would you suggest as a starting point:

Magnets / then replace sensor??

C

·
0 Posts
Yes check to see if magnets are present.

In pp you can check operation of fuel cap, think it's in dpf ecu to see it cap changes from present to absent and vice versa when you remove replace fuel cap. If magnets present and no change in absent/present in pp suspect sensor failed.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers bud, thanks. Would this illuminate the ELM though?
Finally one last question.
Is it obvious if the magnets are there or not???

C

·
0 Posts
The 407 I looked at recently with failed cap senor defo had eng man light on.

The magnet should be easy to see if missing on the 407 they are in the cap one on either side.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Best of luck to you downsey. I'm having the same problem except my fuel cap does have magnets on both sides. Time to get in touch with the main dealer for a new sensor D:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you check it with a meter??? Ive just taken my sensor out, and there is no change with magnet or without 94 ohms. Personally im not going to muck about with a pattern sensor, a genuine one is £36 on my way to get it now, I will report back.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Christ, well Ive installed it now - Incidently the values of a working one are o ohms open & 150 ohms closed, well thats what I got anyway - and 75 ohms of the fecked one - ran a scan, and were off - only issue I have now is an anti-pollution fault - with intermittent differential sensor - I can live with that.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just wondering if anyone with Planet has experimented putting a magnet, below the fuel cap close to the sensor before removing it, to see if it will avoid the fuel cap absent signal?

I often fill a 20 ltr can when re-fueling, especially if I have got a money off voucher and then obviously need to pour this in at some point.

Thinking if the sensor will pick up a magnet and not register that the cap has been opened, then I could do this when pouring the can in, to avoid injecting dpf fluid. Then refuel as normal next time I visit the filling station for a big fill up.

Could also be handy if forced to buy a little fuel at an expensive station just to get you to a more reasonably priced site.

C

·
0 Posts
No point to it at all, you'd be chancing blocking the dpf, the fluid cost is peanut's over the years it takes to use it.

Peugeot Planet owner, Doncaster

1 - 20 of 21 Posts