Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi.. i got something stuck in my glove compartment of my 307 so i'm unable to open it.. the handle is fine as it releases the catch but something wont allow it to open.. any suggestions/ tiops on getting round this?

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Prise down one side a bit and get the old metal coathanger in and have a poke about , try from below first along the hinge sometimes crap rolls into the gap.

J

·
0 Posts
who craps in their glovebox?? :lol:

Could be a CD. They're nasty beggars.

Have a think of what could possibly be in there, if it's not worth much, apply a little force, see if it gives way. But DO NOT go mental and lose your rag because chances are the hinge and all that will give way and it will give way in such a manner that ensures you will have a horrible time repairing it.

But yeah, another method, as Betty says, is to poke about in there.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Managed to jam mine yesterday and a quick look on Google makes me think I'm not alone with this issue. Is this a bug that plagues the 307?

Mine feels like the handle's not releasing the catch, so I'm going to have to try the above methods.

It was a problem to shut it yesterday, felt like it didn't want to close. Now I've done that I can't open it :(

·
Registered
405 Posts
We sometimes have a problem in the summer with our glovebox in the Xsi with it sticking shut. Nothing catching on the inside or anything. Just have to wait for it to open itself. If anyone has a suggestion of how to stop that, I'd love to know.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Remove the carpet trim below the glovebox and you can push ur hand throught the base without damage. That will allow your hand to get inside and free up whatevers jamming it.

Kind of defeats the purpose of having a lock on the glovebox

·
Registered
52 Posts
Problem resolved. It took a while of gentle persuasion but I finally got it open again and since then it's not stuck. I'll be more careful in future :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
You lot should be grateful you have gloveboxes.
Being the owner of a 308, stick a small packet of mints in there, and it's full.
Mine's not a bad size and the fact it's got an option to turn on internal air con inside it is useful for keeping my drinks cold in this hot weather. Only problem was I also left a manual for my stereo in there, it got soaked :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts