Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have just changed front discs and pads on my 207 diesel sport. I have tried to change rear pads but can't work out how to get calliper off.there is a valve type thing where I would expect to find a top calliper bolt. Any help guys?

C

·
0 Posts
Hi I have just changed front discs and pads on my 207 diesel sport. I have tried to change rear pads but can't work out how to get calliper off.there is a valve type thing where I would expect to find a top calliper bolt. Any help guys?
Nope you should just undo bolts and treat like a front caliper except maybe a handbrake cable to disconnect, Maybe try undoing the bleed nipple on the caliper to help release pressure but you will have to bleed the system afterwards. Possibly stating the obvious but when you have attempted to remove the caliper you have released the handbrake haven't you ? :p as failing to do this will have the brakes on thus making it near impossible to remove the caliper. Also put the rear end on axle stands & car in gear for safety failing this you will need to chock the other wheel so it can't move or it may end up moving when you try to undo the difficult bolts on the caliper & bracket :nono:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate have released handbrake cable taken bottom bolt out. Can't see a top bolt only this round thing with an orange plastic bung in it with ldpe on it. It appears to be on the end of top bolt! Must be me lol but I can't see a bolt head. Does this round thing screw off?

C

·
0 Posts
With out seeing it i dont know but there should be a bolt at the top of the caliper directly above the bottom one you have removed

·
Registered
53 Posts
Been there myself.....

When I picked my car up both rear calipers were sticking so it was the first job to do on my 207. I too scratched my head for a while when I saw the top bolt thing and for the life of me could not work out what it was and what it actually does.

It does actually unscrew just like the bottom bolt and I seem to remember there is a hex on the inner edge to grab hold of to undo it. It came off no problems.

The one key thing is when you reassemble it is you must put threadlock (I used Loctite 270 as I have it around) on the caliper bolts or you are asking for trouble. The slide bolts are only torqued to about 30 or 40nm which is not much but the threadlock is important.

My pads were changed over 6 months ago and no issues since.

·
5,088 Posts
Well i know what it is And what it does, but how you get it off isnt clear :rolleyes:
this is from servicebox, oh and be careful with it, it's £55 from stealers

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well i know what it is And what it does, but how you get it off isnt clear :rolleyes:
this is from servicebox, oh and be careful with it, it's £55 from stealers

I'm assuming it's an anti vibration shim from the diagram, so how does it work as I really can't see what it possibly does.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts