Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all
I have a 54 plate peugeot 307 zest, 1.4 petrol.

When I'm stuck in traffic the temperature gauge get very hot almost on the red, but the fan kicks in at the last minite. When I'm driving along (not stuck in traffic) the temperature gauge reads normal.
I purchased a new engine man coolant temp sensor, but can't for the life of me find out where it goes, I have the haynes workshop manual but it is not very clear in that respect.
The only sensor I can find (I think it's the right one) is on the right hand side of the engine as you stand looking at it from the front of the car,(gearbox end) It is located at the back of the thermostat housing and you have to take the air-filter of to gain access to it. It has a green electrical connector fitted, and is a screw in type.
Now the one the shop gave me is the push in type that is held in place with a circlip, but he said there are two types, the one I have, and a screw in type.
I'm wondering if I have the wrong one or looking in the wrong place. As I can't find a sensor anywhere that looks like the one I have.
Can someone please tell me exactly where this sensor is located Please.
I would really appreciate your help here as this is driving me round the twist :confused:
Thank's very much
Vangellis.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I'm pretty sure the green on you're looking at is the ect sensor, which will control the fuelling (hot start /cold start).
If the sensor only has 2 wires going to it, then that's probably all it does, but if it has more then the sensor probably does the guage and fan too.
Don't really know the setup on the 307 but they're my thoughts

1 - 2 of 2 Posts