Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first time posting here. I've spent ages scouring the Web looking for an answer to this problem, but I can't find anything!

Some months ago I bought an RD45 stereo and display to add Bluetooth connectivity to my car. I swapped them, and had no real problems - the Bluetooth worked straight away and the CD stacker still works.

The problem I have is that with the previous stereo I could access audio settings, but now I can't. I can't even access bass/treble, only the presets like "jazz" and "techno".

This is a photo I found online, but in my car the left menu item is greyed-out and can't be accessed.

Has anyone seen this before? I can't find any info about it online!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Has no one encountered this before? I'd love anything that could point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Was the headunit you bought from the exact same model and body type? It might need configuration if not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought it off eBay and the listing mentioned a few models (306, 307 and some others) so I'm unsure.

Is it something that could be potentially resolved using Peugeot Planet?

·
Registered
533 Posts
Did you have to provide your VIN to the seller for him to code it for you?

It's been a while since I messed with headunit config on my old 307/308 but it might be fixed with pp2000, yes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I did give him the VIN to code. I suppose my best option is likely to take it to a dealer for assistance?

·
Registered
533 Posts
A dealer might not be able to help since this was retrofitted unofficially... Have you reached out to the seller to confirm if it were configured correctly?

Your best bet might be to get diagbox/pp2000 installed on your laptop and get the interface. If you do your own maintenance, diagnostics etc it will be quite cost-effective in the long run. Otherwise, see if there's a member nearby on the Planet map who could take a look.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good points! I'll ask the seller and then take it from there. Thanks a million for your help! 😁

1 - 8 of 8 Posts