Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot open the right hand rear door.

I cannot open the door from the inside or outside, even though I can hear and feel the actuator motor working behind the outer handle.

I have read that this maybe due a weak spring within the mechanism. If I managed to open the door and removed the lock, can the lock be repaired/modified or must it be renewed.

thanks

·
Registered
399 Posts
I cannot open the right hand rear door.

I cannot open the door from the inside or outside, even though I can hear and feel the actuator motor working behind the outer handle.

I have read that this maybe due a weak spring within the mechanism. If I managed to open the door and removed the lock, can the lock be repaired/modified or must it be renewed.

thanks
I too would like to know this as mine is the same but my inside handle works fine

·
Registered
399 Posts
Well I had in inner door panel off today all looks fine and works as it should.
But if I close the door it dont work!
Now if I push the door in a little and pull the handle it opens :thumb: have a try on your cars

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK

I've cured the fault.

In the image you can see the outer door handle (white plastic) lever touching a rocker type of lever with a coiled spring on R/H side with the blade of a screwdriver touching. This lever was stuck in the opened position where the door (white) handle was not touching. I just touched the rocker lever which sprung back to the position shown and it all working. Its now fully lubricated and hopefully will not re-occur. Next job is to do the other lock mechanism.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts