Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I've just bought a 2007 407 2.7 V6 HDi Coupe, all is ok apart from it came with 1 key.

I would like to buy a new spare key and program it myself but I can't find the key programming function on Planet?

I'm not sure if its a problem with Planet as it worked fine on my 2005 307 HDi, found the key programming function and everything worked as it should easily.

On the 407 I'm finding it very limited, PP2000 only gives me 2 options on the main screen whereas DiagBox will read fault codes etc but no key programming function - i'm confused can anyone help me please? :confused:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As frustrating as it is for regular experienced members to see searchable avoidable posts, there's no need for the jesus mate! I have searched via google and on here and drawn a blank - all i'm after is a solid pointer!

I'm a novice with Planet, I found it easy to use on my 2005 307 but having difficulty with both my previous 2007 407sw and my now current 2007 Coupe - the pages are totally different and i'm lost!

Like the majority on here i'm after help or advice to save money, I can't gain experience or help others on here that will need Planet in the future if experienced ppl don't try and help me?

Thank you for your pointer though it is much appreciated ;)

P

·
0 Posts
As frustrating as it is for regular experienced members to see searchable avoidable posts, there's no need for the jesus mate! I have searched via google and on here and drawn a blank - all i'm after is a solid pointer!

I'm a novice with Planet, I found it easy to use on my 2005 307 but having difficulty with both my previous 2007 407sw and my now current 2007 Coupe - the pages are totally different and i'm lost!

Like the majority on here i'm after help or advice to save money, I can't gain experience or help others on here that will need Planet in the future if experienced ppl don't try and help me?

Thank you for your pointer though it is much appreciated ;)
Well a quick search on here will find the link i posted. putting peugeot key program into google and the video there is from the link i just posted.

does your kit let you do everything else on the 407?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well a quick search on here will find the link i posted. putting peugeot key program into google and the video there is from the link i just posted.

does your kit let you do everything else on the 407?
The link you posted was for a 307, which I found online when searching and which I found on my previous 307sw without a problem, both of my 407's have the same options on Planet but no key programming option - in fact I can do more on the DiagBox side of things compared to Planet.

Planet only offers configuation settings for BSI and Engine/Gearbox to which it refuses to connect to the Engine/Gearbox side of it.

Thanks for your reply.

You`ll need Diagbox for that year/model
Thanks for your reply Betty, do you know what version is required for the 2007 407's?

I currently have versions 6.01, updates 6.19, 6.26 and 6.28?

Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again :thumb:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok a quick update.........

I managed to get a more up to date version of DiagBox (7.15) and now I can get the programming function for another key but I have hit another wall, my car doesn't have the confidential card which is required to program another key?

Is this a dealer only job or does anyone know of an alternative?

If anyone could help or advise me please that would be great.

Thanks guys :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts