Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

New user here.

Driving home the other day I noticed it becoming difficult to engage 4th and 5th gear. Ist time I had any trouble negotiating gears in 3 year ownership of my 53 plate 307 2.0 hdi s 110 bhp estate.

I had to stop temporarily. Upon starting ignition 5 mins later I could not select any gears at all. Switched off, tried to engage all gears with ignition off - all is fine. Pumped clutch a few times, switched on ignition again stilkl no gears !!!

Rather than wait hours on xmas eve for breakdown vehicle to arrive and only 1 mile from home - I forced 1st gear, selected,. then 2nd gear again fordefully and crawled home.

Knowing I have gear selections with ignition switched off, but no gears activation when ignition is on - is there an obvious fault I can rectify ????

Or, is it best I get breakdown vehicle to tow me to my usual mechanic when he returns to work on 4th Jan 2010.

Thanks to all who respond to this question.

Happy New Year to all fellow 307 owners.

Graham.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cannot engage gears when ignition on

Thanks for response chopper.

My first thought of diagnosis too.

Clutch is not slipping at all. I have done 44k miles since ownership and unsure if any clutch assembly parts replaced by previous owner for some time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Have you checked the clutch fluid level? I know it's an easy thing to check, but is often overlooked! I had a very similar problem with a van I was driving, and found the clutch fluid all gone.

G

·
No Liverpate, you misunderstand. Socktug is on the mark - check the clutch fluid level/cable adjustment (delete as applicable) as an obvious point of failure. The cause creates the opposite symptoms to a worn out slipping clutch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts