Peugeot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have had a hunt around for a definitive answer before I try this, but no luck so far...

I lost one of my two car keys on a walk and want to prevent the lost key from opening the car remotely / starting the car. I have access to the diagnostics and ideally want to reprogram the remote locking and immobiliser so that it only works with my remaining key.

The transponder chip appears to be on the circuit board itself, so I don't think it can be easily replaced with a fresh one. Can the existing chip be reprogrammed or will I need a fresh key altogether?

·
Registered
77 Posts
A locksmith can pair two keys or code a key to a transponder.
They can't change the code of the transponder.
I am talking under correction but I think the transponder gets coded at the manufacturer I don't think you can change the code of the transponder.

The best is to either order a key blank & transponder from Peugeot or go to a used car parts dealer (in South Africa we call them scrap yards) & buy a transponder, then take your car to a locksmith & ask them to A.C. your locks

·
Registered
15,376 Posts
If you reprogram the key you have using planet the original will no longer work if by some miracle you get the original back it can be recoded into the car

I think thats what you are asking no need to mess with chips or boards.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.