Front - it seems I located it, please let me know if correctly:

As for rear, have no idea where it is:

?

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but does not help, only shows aproximate points which I already know. Just worrying if I jack "semi blindly" and lets say hit 10-15cm left or right from the point, wouldn't it break or something.
When looking at front - it seems as if there is some indication and my best guess is that it is where I marked it on the first photo. However when looking at the rear, can not seem to see an obvious jacking point marked.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would NEVER jack a CC on the sills they are too heavy jack it underneath on the chassis
I was a bit reluctant as well, I am paranoid that sill would bend once lifted... :D

PS: underneath under the chassis you mean deeper inside/behind the sills? English is not my language so might be not a smart question :)
Yet again - I was looking for jack points deeper behind the sills, seemed to find a good spot in the front, but in the rear it looks much "weaker", I do not seem to find a certain spot there. Of course it may just look like that and all would be good, but I am paranoid not to crush it :)

This is my 4th car (firs French) and the first time I am not 100% sure about jacking points.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
When I jacked up the front of my 307 hatch it also lifted the rear. Taking the jack to maximum lift should raise the rear enough to change the wheel.

The jacking points on the bottom of the sill are usually double the thickness of the rest of the seam. If you place the jack and lift it slowly while watching it carefully you will see if it's the wromg spot as it will start to distort. If you do it slow enough you will be able to lower it before it causes any damage. Once you have found the correct spot remember where it is for the next time you need to lift the car.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts