Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

my Bipper has done its engine and the prices online are ridiculous. I know the engine i a Fiat one, the 1.3hdi.
What other cars or vans is this fitted in. I just need the bare block and head.

its a 2013 1248cc HDi F13DTE5.

Cheers
Kris

·
5,967 Posts
If it uses the fiat engine fiat list them as a JTD so maybe worth a look for a JTD engine

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

basically the same or are the same. I dont want to get a engine from a Vauxhall and some bolt hole somewhere not lining up.

happy to strip something down all day and swap the running gear.

i have seen one out of an Astra for £150 but are these different depending on age, or all the same regardless?

·
Registered
14,864 Posts
They are all fiat made and they are all BASICALLY the same i cant say an astra engine will fit straight in to a corsa or a corsa engine fits straight in to a doblo or a combo engine fits straight into a bipper because it simply wont.

All 2 litre hdi engines will fit ANY 2 LITRE HDI as they are all basically the same too !!

NO manufacturer will make multiple versions of the same engine they make VARIATIONS to suit the application as required they are all basically the same !

Renault make 2 distinct versions of the 1.5 dci for example 1 has a front starter 1 has a rear starter as long as you pick the correct version it fits.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
The basic 'long block' will most likely be the same, it is the bolt on bits like manifolds, water pumps etc, that vary to suit the layout in the different engine bays in different models/manufacturers. You should be able to bolt all your external bits onto a bare block/head combo. If in doubt, strip your block and take mating gaskets/photos with you when inspecting the new motor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts