Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have an after market Sony head unit, but the fitting into the din slot is so ugly.

Here it is.

Is there anyway to bring it forward and possibly a surround to tidy up the gaps?
It currently has the surround which came with the stereo.

Many thanks
Ben.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well it is a very good sterio, so it may not be pleasing to look at but it has more functions than any sterio in halfords.
Anyhoo, are there any proper surrounds designed for the 307?

P

·
0 Posts
Jesus that double one likes vile :shocked: But i guess to each their own. I managed to get a decent fit with my sony, but guess got to remember they're not designed specifically for Peugeot cars so got to do best you can. In all honesty, how much will you be looking at it if your driving ;).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have an after market Sony head unit, but the fitting into the din slot is so ugly.

Here it is.

Is there anyway to bring it forward and possibly a surround to tidy up the gaps?
It currently has the surround which came with the stereo.

Many thanks
Ben.
I know exactly what you need mate, I had the same problem while installing my Sony into my 307.
But the car audio company i work for has the perfect fix ;)

Go to the Connects2 website and search for the product

CT24PE12

You can purchase it from Connects2 or one of the retailers we supply.

It may say its for a Pug 206, but trust me it fits the 307.

Hope I helped.

Dan

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Jesus that double one likes vile :shocked: But i guess to each their own. I managed to get a decent fit with my sony, but guess got to remember they're not designed specifically for Peugeot cars so got to do best you can. In all honesty, how much will you be looking at it if your driving ;).
the double ones are all ugly to be honest. theres a jvc one in halfords for 99 quid at the moment

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
There's a simple solution to this.

The problem is the lower cubby hole - its curved out so looks shash against the flat stereo.

The peugeot cd holder fits directly into the cubby hole slot - it is flat so will match up with the stereo.

You can get them from ebay here

PEUGEOT 307 CD STORAGE BOX [Fits all 307 models] 1.6 2.0 16v HDI XSI NEW! | eBay

I've got one fitted to my 307 - problem is I've still got the original curved front stereo - but it doesn't bother me as you cant see the gap from the drivers position.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I only paid £49.99 - that's darn near half the value of the car.

I was bit miffed as I was expecting it to have a curved front - being a genuine peugeot part un all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts