Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, pretty simple question for someone that knows....

If i unplug a faulty airbag, can i then delete it from the car so that the light does not show fault?
Using planet of course.

Thanks
Ade.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Forget safety feature , pp2000 won't let you do that

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hmm, well i have the activate/deactivate individual bags feature on planet and also a present/not present option with the ability to save the configuration...
Would have thought if its in the software its viable?

Ade.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To be honest if the airbags weren't involved in the comm unit i would have converted everything to a manual stalk set by now.

Indicators, lights, wipers etc. The bloody lot!
Only problem is that i think without the com unit plugged in i would get major airbag faults? I think :)

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why not just fix it. :banghead:

Sent from my GT-S5690
Ok a few answers to that question lol...

#1 Having some cashflow probs at the moment so replacing the bag a bit of an expense.

#2 I am actually trying to figure out which airbag it is that's faulting, im in 2 frames between front passenger dash bag and front passenger seat bag.

I get exactly the same fault on planet if i unplug either of them???
I thought if i could actually delete each bag and retest i might be able to pinpoint it :/

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Plus i get something about a front passenger side satellite which after blagging Peugeot dealers parts department a bit he eventually told me satellites are the yellow, highly bonded crash blocks down the outer side of the seats in the front?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Seat air bags are £20 on ebay, I would suggest start cheaper especially considering from what you say points towards the seat air bags if it were me.

I would leave the light on until you can afford it. No point fudging it covering up the faults in my opinion.

D

·
0 Posts
Try 2.2 ohm resistors on the plugs under the seats. I done this when I fitted seats without air bags

Sent from my LG-P500 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
Theres a reason no body on here talks about messing with airbag systems. Its too dangerous to mess with them. After all they can save someones life.

Sent from my GT-S5690

·
11,775 Posts
I think its time for a sticky saying "if you've come here to bypass safety features fitted as standard because you can't afford or be arsed to fixed them, then f**k off, sell your car and buy a 1961 Morris Minor with no electronics or modern electronic safety equipment"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Sandman, can you pm me please.

Looking for some Peugeot planet mapping. Sorry to hijack the post, I'm new and can't pm you until I have 20 posts.

Apologies.

Ben

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
Hi Sandman, can you pm me please.

Looking for some Peugeot planet mapping. Sorry to hijack the post, I'm new and can't pm you until I have 20 posts.

Apologies.

Ben
Ben there is a thread to increase your post count , please look
and you can`t map with Peugeot Diagnostics :nono:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts