Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all trying save money and iv been messed about a few times by garages telling me its one thing when its been another.

anyways moving on my car likes to cut out in the 1st 10-15 mins of starting up each day, some of you guys say it can me the ICV.. after alot of google i now think this is the case so would it be a hard job to clean/replace myself? i hardly know anything about cars mind lol.

on another note: is there away to reset the ECU myself iv seen some cars you disconect the battery over night would it be the same on a 307???

thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ICV, Idle Control Valve. my bad :-/

peugeot 307 1.4 03 plate. likes to cut out in the first 10 mins of driving. looks like iv stalled the car :-( i think its when the clutch goes down and brake.

i had a Diagnostics test other week but battery was dead, replaced the battery now it cuts out.

D

·
0 Posts
Bsi reset will do nothing. Its an engine management problem. Most likely you disconnected the battery too quick while changing it. ie you didn't allow the ecus to go to sleep before disconnecting battery.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
-------------FIXED I HOPE-----------------

clean up the throttle body and new air filter. seem ok tonight the real test will be in morning.

now on to the airbag warning lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts