Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have just bought a 2003 307 sw and would like to know if I can add a cd changer to the existing head unit. It has a CD player in already but the CD player doesn't work properly so I'd like to just add a changer instead of replacing it.
I've seen some BLAUPUNKT 5 disc changers on eBay and they look like they work with the tape version of the head unit I have so I'm assuming they will work ok.
Thanks for any advice :)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
343 Posts
Hi I have just bought a 2003 307 sw and would like to know if I can add a cd changer to the existing head unit. It has a CD player in already but the CD player doesn't work properly so I'd like to just add a changer instead of replacing it.
I've seen some BLAUPUNKT 5 disc changers on eBay and they look like they work with the tape version of the head unit I have so I'm assuming they will work ok.
Thanks for any advice :)

Yes you can add the CD changer to all 307 models regardless of head unit ie. RB3, RD3 & RT3.

Just ensure the CD changer is pre 2005 and you will be fine.

·
Registered
402 Posts

·
11,766 Posts
The 5 CD changer is notorious for failing.

It also doesn't read MP3s, so why bother.

Just get a decent Sony or Kenwood and replace the factory fitted one. My choice is the Sony BT2800, the Bluetooth phone connectivity is excellent.

For an extra £20 you can get an adaptor so the steering column controls work too.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The CD changer I had with my car as standard is perfectly fine. I see what some refer to as sometimes it fails to read or simply skips when driving. However 90% of the time it does me fine, I usually listen to the radio anyway so it makes no drastic odds to me.

A suggestion for you, why dont you buy a RD3 CD head unit? They work well and much better than the CD changer if you wish to keep the screen display.

·
Registered
402 Posts
As Matt suggest, a working original head unit would be my choise because it fits the center console perfectly, it uses the screen and it blends in at night with exactly the same colors as the rest of the dashboard and center console.
My HU is a Clarion, don't know if it is better/worse than the VDO.
Another option is the RT3 HU with phone and MP3, but that require much more than just the HU.

Holt

·
Registered
343 Posts
As Matt suggest, a working original head unit would be my choise because it fits the center console perfectly, it uses the screen and it blends in at night with exactly the same colors as the rest of the dashboard and center console.
My HU is a Clarion, don't know if it is better/worse than the VDO.
Another option is the RT3 HU with phone and MP3, but that require much more than just the HU.

Holt
Indeed as Holt says RT3 is also a good option. Done the upgrade myself and I have created a tutorial here on site :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been told I will need to get my display coded to work with the cd changer. Is the true?
My CD player works it just makes this annoying spinning sound, I don't fancy having to spend more and more getting everything coded but it looks like I will have to weather I buy a new head unit or cd changer :(

·
Registered
402 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
was thinking of putting in my sony usb in as it plays mp3 format and obviously can store all my albums on a usb drive BUT due to everythin working/showing a display we decided to leave it. Can still play copied cd's but only in audio format which is annoying as you end up with loads of cds's lol but still get to listen to my tracks :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts