Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Could youa have alook as at this CAN BUS capture and give me youe thoughts.

I'm new to scope testing however this does not look right to me as they dont mirror easch other and does not match any given example on the Pico guided test. Does anyone have a trace of what it should look like

I did notice that there is an open on the BSC:

CBB2 Boot lock control: open circuit. The boot opens from the remote without any issues.

I'd like to know where the network resisters are located. I know theres one in thre ECU and I guess theres also one in the BSC but Im not sure about any others. If I unplug the BSC I should see 120ohms confirming the fault location.

I was having an issuue removing the connector, it has a yellow clip and a red slide. I didnt want to be to heavy handed.

I look forward to your thouhgts and advice.

Many thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
814 Posts
There is usually only two network resistors... where these are... who knows. You also need to know what value in Ohms these resistors are. Usually its 120ohm, so with everything connected, resistance between can high and can low should be half, 60 ohms.

Now looking at your graph, it does seem the signal voltage is too low. 690mv... should be closer to around 3.5v! HOWEVER where are you taking the canbus signals from?

The 407 might be similar to the 207, in that it has 2-3 seperate can bus systems!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. My readings are taken from the OBD port using a breakout box. I agree that the voltage is to low and Im not seeing the 60 omhs. I believe that the resistors are located within one of the ECU's and by unplugging one that value will rise. I will doing more tests today.

Many thanks

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Maybe its time to consult the official Peugeot wiring diagrams?

The CAN BUS resistor locations should be shown on the wiring diagrams.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree I rencently downloaded a copy of Sedre but it wont load at the moment. Might have to get what I need from Servicebox online.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts