Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here i am again in the same situation as 6month ago but this time i aint got much cash. i replaced my turbo and paid garage 950pound this time im going to do it my self as i got all info to do it just i need a cheap 2nd-hand turbo. i need a gt1544v garett turbo they can come off a c4 c5 picasso 206 207 307 407. Can any one help???????

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
you not got any parts warranty on your current as it was only 6 month ago?

ive been told ebay, gumtree and even google the part nos. comes up with loads....even give your local scrappies a ring :thumb:

·
Registered
315 Posts
while kits are available, rebuilding a turbo without rebalancing it *may* cause a catastrophic failure (engine-killing) or short life. Even the little end nut is critical to balance @100-150k rpm.

But if you mark the relative position of the intake and exhaust wheels, and carefully rebuild to those marks, you might get lucky. I have been in the past, but be warned...

·
Registered
301 Posts
while kits are available, rebuilding a turbo without rebalancing it *may* cause a catastrophic failure (engine-killing) or short life. Even the little end nut is critical to balance @100-150k rpm.

But if you mark the relative position of the intake and exhaust wheels, and carefully rebuild to those marks, you might get lucky. I have been in the past, but be warned...

how do you mean rebalancing? who can do this? isnt there somewhere where you can send your conked turbo and they can fix it and send it back? surely that would be cheaper than buying a new one...

R

·
0 Posts
if your on your second turbo in less than 6 months id be inclined to try and find out whats killing them first before i splash out on another one...

·
Registered
552 Posts
You need to investigate why you are killing your turbo so fast. Is your DPF causing back pressure and contaminating the oil? Is your vvt actuator sticking, damaging the compressor wheel and breaking up?

Investigation first, replacement second.

And yes, oil filter, oil change, sump pickup clean, oil feed pipe are I would say mandatory if your turbo has failed, period. Basically anything you can do to make sure the oil getting to the turbo is clean and free flowing, needs to be done.

Peugeot / Citroen / Ford have a specific flow check you can do, it's in Service Box as an info flash, read it.

Phil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts