Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just had the dreaded anti-pollution system fault message, stuck a code reader in and it said "P0368 - Camshaft Position Sensor B Circuit High Bank 1". I have bought a new camshaft sensor (hoping that that's all it is), I was just wondering which of my camshaft sensors is "B"? I have a 207 1.6 VTi, so it's the double overhead cam, I've found where the sensors are but I can't find anything, online or in a Haynes manual, that tells me which one is A and which one is B.

I have looked at both of them, and the O-ring on the one at the top of the engine (furthest away from me when looking at the engine) seems to be frayed, whereas the one at the bottom seems relatively ok. Disconnecting and cleaning the sensors of the oil seems to work for about 60 miles before the anti-pollution system message comes up again. Wires and connectors seem to be ok, no fraying or anything like that.

Any help or further information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! :thumb:

·
Registered
863 Posts
from memory B is the exhaust side, first remove a battery lead then pull main plugs from fusebox and ecu, make sure they are clean and dry.
Did get cam sensor code from a bad coilpack once but you will feel a slight misfire if its that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi stripe,

How do I know/find out which one is the exhaust side (short of putting the sensor in one place and seeing if the code comes back, then putting it in the other one if it does).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ok, thanks but still "nearest" there 2sensor as near. If watching from the front is it on the left or right?
the exhaust manifold is front of the engine, so the sensor is the nearest one to front of car.
Please send foto if avaiable I have cjanged 2of 3 and no help. Br. Olli-Pekka Mustonen

1 - 7 of 7 Posts