Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

correct me of wrong here. But it seems the camshaft sensor is under the cover/panel by the multi/aux- drive belt.

I’ve got a warning on faulty crankshaft sensor, where is this located?

also it seems that i need to change cabel, but only parts i can find seems to be a square thingamajing with socket,listed as impulse generator and comes without cable.

any tips?

·
6,449 Posts
Crank sensor is located behind the bottom pulley windscreen side of engine. Cam sensor is behind the cam pulley and can be accessed from behind the belt cover windscreen side of the head (normally you can see the grey plug/sensor)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Crank sensor is located behind the bottom pulley windscreen side of engine. Cam sensor is behind the cam pulley and can be accessed from behind the belt cover windscreen side of the head (normally you can see the grey plug/sensor)
thanks, do you need to access the crank sensor from underneath the engine or do you need to remove engine top to access it?

the local workshop said it was the rpm/cranksensor that had some pins/connector that was faulty. So had to replace cable and connector.
But i can only find the square thingamajing pulse generator , without cable.
Anybody know where to puy the pigtail?

·
6,449 Posts
You can get to the sensor from the drivers wheel arch if you take the wheel off

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

·
6,449 Posts
Top one is crank sensor bottom cam sensor

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
once again many thanks, appreciated.

Seems like the cam keeps popping up when i search for spare parts connected to the model. So good to know i purchase the correct sensor when buying.

Strange how it is almost impossible to buy the connector/cable no spare part listed, but most mechanics state that the sensor itself seldom fail and it is often cable and connector. Still the sensor without cable is the spare part that pops up during searches.

brgds,

·
6,449 Posts
Connectors are available from Peugeot and some specalist car electrical suppliers.

There are a few threads on here if you search (I don't have my laptop to hand with my links on it). They are a standard sensor plugs

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Try a scrapyard for the cable and fit to your loom.
will do. Found plug and 3 molex pins to go with it at the local dealer, 1 pound 20 cents or something. So hopefully that works. According to them the wires only have connector in one end. So hopefully no corrosion up through the wire...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So got quite an estimate from the local dealer.

they want to change both plug/harness for the cam sensor as well as the ignotion start indicator.

eventhough the only error code was p0335, cam sensor fault/intermittent.

so can’t really see why i need to change it all in a cost/benefit overview.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts