Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys an girls new b here.
going to look at a 307 hdi 110 tomorrow an i asked if the cambelt had been changed an he said that the 110bhp had camchains is this true???.

and is there any thing i should be looking out for eg commen faults. some help would be great. thnks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
hi

hi mate my 2002 110 has a belt and my mates 2003 is the same, not sure on the chain theory,

easy way to look though mate is just remove the top of the cover quickly and have a quick look at it condition wise, also look at alternator belt for condition,

whats the mileage on the car?

·
Registered
673 Posts
hi guys an girls new b here.
going to look at a 307 hdi 110 tomorrow an i asked if the cambelt had been changed an he said that the 110bhp had camchains is this true???.

and is there any thing i should be looking out for eg commen faults. some help would be great. thnks.
As far as i know their all cambelts. Things to look for....ANTIPOLLUTION FAULT....generic name for 'it's fu**ed'. Squeaky clutch....it's not a belt it's the dmf(dual mass flywheel.). DPF. 'diesel particualte filter'...abs sensors..egr valve......ermmmm what else.....cant think at mo....hope this helps...Want my advice.....look for something else.....You will regret buying it....well i did....worse money i ever spent on a car.....

·
Registered
54 Posts
2nd

sadly i second that, worst car i've ever owned, cant believe how a company can get away with such tatt, and i've owned some sheds but this thing, although mint condition is riddled with issues under the skin that makes the owning of it a nightmare, and expansive one at that!

C

·
0 Posts
Get it professionally inspected!

Get a good one and you'll fall in love with the car.

Get a bad one and your bank manager will fall in love with you.

·
Registered
176 Posts
There is a chain and tensioner but that's in the engine itself and is only changed in exceptional circumstances (engine rebuild), the distribution belt(Called the Auxiliary Drive Belt) is outside the engine (side mounted) and also drives your water pump.

The belt and pullies and water pump should be changed before you reach 200,000 km on the clock.
The Elyos fluid should be refilled at about 150,000km and (if fully filled) should be good for another 150k Km as long as you drive normally (ECU has to be told that you refilled the fluid).
NOTE: Every time you fill up with diesel the Elyos Cleaning additive is mixed with the diesel. This happens if your fuel cap is removed for more than 15 seconds (as far as I remember) so my advice is to refill when your tank is 80% empty.

Check the status of the breaks and disks (front and rear) they like to rust into place and a sledge is the preferred tool to remove them, this is time consuming and expensive.

Ask when the following filters were replaced (date and km on speedometer)
Air intake filter
Airco Filter (Pollen Filter)
Oil Filter
Fuel Filter.

When was the brake fluid replaced (required every 60,000km as far as I remember)
When was the Coolant replaced (Every 5 years or so is recommended)
When was the battery replaced (5 years is about the max normal life of a car battery)

J

·
0 Posts
Get it professionally inspected!

Get a good one and you'll fall in love with the car.

Get a bad one and your bank manager will fall in love with you.
After all this time I've only just noticed your sig says "If if" - just a heads up if you want to get that sorted :thumb:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts