Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car is a 308, 2010 1.6 HDI Diesel. Now has 90,000 on it.

Keeping car, so handbook says 10 years / 140,000.

That seems high mileage. What is the sensible, safe mileage to replace the cambelt please? Also, what else needs to be done, ie water pump, tensioners?

Thanks.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I believe the interval was dropped to 120k but obviously it can be done anytime you want. It's good practice with high mileage intervals to replace all guides, tensioner and water pump as your expecting them to do another 140k if you don't replace them which is likely to cause problems later on.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Did my wife's 206 1.6HDi at a bit over 130k miles (and 11 years), the old belt came out looking like new. The water pump also was seemingly perfect but I changed it anyway.
Obviously appearance isn't everything but you have a few miles to go before getting too worried.

I'm not suggesting you should leave yours as long of course.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did my wife's 206 1.6HDi at a bit over 130k miles (and 11 years), the old belt came out looking like new. The water pump also was seemingly perfect but I changed it anyway.
Obviously appearance isn't everything but you have a few miles to go before getting too worried.

I'm not suggesting you should leave yours as long of course.
my 307 1.6 is on 135k, I doubt that it has had it has already been done so I will be attempting it myself at some point

1 - 6 of 6 Posts