Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello please be nice i have just bought a 2022 307 hdi d turbo with very little history and in my opinion in need of some tlc.
I have no proof of the cambelt etc and waterpump being changed so i would rather do it for peace on mind so what is a reasonable price for this work being done?many thanks in advance

·
Registered
556 Posts
Is it a concept car?
Lol.
Water pump and Cam belt would vary in price depending on where you go, i do them myself but would expect to pay a couple of hundred at my local.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it a concept car?
Lol.
Water pump and Cam belt would vary in price depending on where you go, i do them myself but would expect to pay a couple of hundred at my local.
thanks for the reply

i have rang a garage this morning (local) and he said they dont change the waterpump or tensioners just the belt is this correct?as you can tell im a complete novice!!

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
dont take your car there for god sake

its alot of work to do the cam belt

you might as well change the lot while you are there.

cam belt tensioners water pump and auxiliary belt

be looking at around £250-300 notes

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dont take your car there for god sake

its alot of work to do the cam belt

you might as well change the lot while you are there.

cam belt tensioners water pump and auxiliary belt

be looking at around £250-300 notes
thanks for the help i think half these garages are highwaymen and see me coming lol!

C

·
0 Posts
If its the 2.0 8v diesel Peugeot also recommend the bottom pulley is replaced at the same time. That's another £50 to £130 depending on which of the 2 types you have, and whether you go for OE or pattern.

Old diesels kind of defeat the object of owning a diesel in the first place.

R

·
0 Posts
allways replace the tensioners and water pump at the same time and as chopper said bottom pully too as if you dont the new belt will put extra pressure on them and the bearings could give making a real mess of your engine if the belt slips. for the sake of an extra £50 for the new pump extra its just not wise not to do so..should be looking at £250-£350 job done.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
firstly thank you everyone for your help

most garages are quoting £400 for the complete timing kit and waterpump so i think with all the advice i have been given by everyone here i think that this is my best option.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
i sourced the parts and had them fitted my old mechanic.

he matched the target time on the first attempt

think parts were about £125 in total that was for:

- cam belt
- tensioners
- water pump
- red coolant
- auxiliary belt (ac version)

J

·
0 Posts
Anyone in the Cornwall area can get 30% off cambelts at Truscott's (dealers) until the end of the year... going to get mine done in December.. full cambelt kit for my 407 is normally £406 fitted, offer down to £284 fitted, so considering its 7yr/100k miles old, I was planning on changing soon anyway, don't fancy leaving it until the 10yr/160k mile interval :nono:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts