Peugeot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi peeps...had to re create account as lost phone log in....Can anyone tell me how to time a 2004 1.6hdi 110 as i changed cambelt and new waterpump gasket was peeing out so refitted old one but somewhere along the lines ive buggered the timing up....did lock cam pulley and mark fuel pump....did start tickettyboo but ive just gave up n had shower as enoughs enough for day....really need to know where to put crank pulley then i can slacken belt n go from there....hoping ive not buggered engine as only had her two weeks...embarrased cheers peeps....:mad:

·
Registered
60 Posts
As long as you've not turned it over by anything other by hand you should be fine but you'll need to re find all the locking points. Move the gears back to you can re lock them then put the pins or bolts back in. If you feel any resistance back them off and try the next. The only other option is to get someone more familiar to try. Just don't try and start it until you find them all. Refit and tension the belt and turn the engine over with a spanner by hand. If you have to buy the tooling to allow you to lock it the correct positions now then it would be worth the cash to know it's right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As long as you've not turned it over by anything other by hand you should be fine but you'll need to re find all the locking points. Move the gears back to you can re lock them then put the pins or bolts back in. If you feel any resistance back them off and try the next. The only other option is to get someone more familiar to try. Just don't try and start it until you find them all. Refit and tension the belt and turn the engine over with a spanner by hand. If you have to buy the tooling to allow you to lock it the correct positions now then it would be worth the cash to know it's right.
Big big thanks to all who replied,went back to tdc on crank n locked it....cam was three teeth out n fuel pump was in middle of nowhere but still couldnt find fuel pump pinhole in block...Result.....first turn of key.....thanks peeps....:thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts